Saturday, September 22, 2007

Things 16 and 17


Wikis sounded interesting and I had a brief experience in LATI. I have visited Wikipedia and have cautiously considered its content. I looked at St. Joseph County's subject guide and was very impressed. The varied information provided, including community resources, appeared to be fairly comprehensive for the subjects I chose. The wedding planning entry, for example, looked to be an excellent (free!) planning tool - at least for preliminary information. I also appreciated the tutorials in the "Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day," although that title is a laugh. The Sandbox, however, has been a nightmare! I added an entry to an existing topic and visited several of interest, and created a "favorite," but adding my blog to the list is a challenge I have not yet mastered. Many library systems are listed, but HCPL is not to be found. I have sent out an SOS to a coworker and will revisit this post later. Today is Saturday and I am sacrificing my free time to work on this - LateBloom is not happy today!!
With help from a very patient coworker, and the re-appearance of the HCPL group on the Sandbox page, I was able to add my blog to the list. I was even able to help others in my department, which reinforced the process. So, I have finally completed this activity, but I would have to say this was not a favorite "thing."

No comments: