Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thing 22

Finally, I have reached the pinnacle of this journey and the "thing" which has been the motivation for keeping with it. I have looked at NetLibrary, to which we no longer subscribe, Project Gutenburg, on which I saw nothing appealing at first glance, and OverDrive, on which I am counting! I do not think eBooks will be something I use, but I regularly listen to audiobooks on CD on my drive to and from work and am very anxious to listen to books sans the discs on my passenger seat. I have a long list of titles "to read" and I am certain I will find many to download. I would like to develop stronger readers' advisory skills for middle school readers by listening to Y books on my commute, and there is a ready source of suggestions for my own personal enjoyment on LibraryThing! The first task on my "to do" list at work next week is to create my Overdrive account.

No comments: